A Complete Home Inspection Checklist For Buyers And Sellers
At Lizotte Inspection Services, we understand that finding a reliable home inspector to provide you with a comprehensive evaluation to make the right decision on a home can be quite challenging. A home inspection may uncover at least a few problems, which can be stressful and problematic if you’re a seller about to sell the property or a buyer if this was your dream home. However, with a little preparation, you can handle the inspection process quickly and easily.
As a professional home inspection company, we’ve created a handy checklist to help you investigate a home with as little stress as possible. Follow our checklist for a home inspection accurately so that you can get back to the other important things in life.
1. Make sure to research your possible inspectors! When you are given a list of inspectors (realtors typically will provide you with three names). Visit each website provided they have one and see what inspection services they offer.
2. You will need to keep a list of questions or concerns that you have about the property or what you want the inspector to look at.
3. Make it a point to call each inspector on the phone. You will get a better and quicker response than texting or emailing.
4. A smart way to hire the right home inspector is to ask all the professionals the same questions. That way, you are comparing apples to apples!
5. Ask if they do thermal imaging and moisture testing and if that is included in the cost.
6. Find out if they check appliances and for recalls. Ask if this is included in the price.
7. Ask your potential home inspector how long the inspection will take. There is a big difference between a two-hour inspection and a four-hour inspection!
8. Also, ask the inspector how long the walkthrough takes. Again, a half-hour walkthrough is different from a ninety-minute one.
9. Before you enlist the services of a home inspector, make sure to ask about the price. Know that an expensive inspection service is not always the best, and the cheapest maybe just that.
10. Check with the home inspector if they charge mileage.
11. Don’t be afraid to ask when so you will get the report. There are cases where some inspectors will wait till the end of the week to send out a report. So make sure you get it quickly!
12. Before you get started on the inspection, make sure you ask the home inspector’s payment methods. Whether they collect via card, cheque, e-transfer, or cash.
If you have any concerns about a home inspection or you’re looking for a home inspector to make sure that your new property doesn’t have any unexpected repairs, reach out to the home inspection experts at Lizotte Inspection Services serving in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We offer professional home inspection services, ensuring that your property is thoroughly assessed and inspected. Our team of experienced inspectors will help you understand the condition of a home and make sure you’re educated so that you make an informed decision.